Send an email
Josh Miller, CPA, CA
Quite a bit has changed in the business since Josh Miller began his career with FL Fuller Landau in 1989, but one thing that has not is Josh’s youthful exuberance for the job and building a relationship with clients in which accessibility and transparency are primordial. “Communication is a two-way street, and is essential in any relationship,” remarks Josh. “I’m very direct with people. If it’s on my mind, they’ll know!”
Family dynamics are a big part of Josh’s job. So, too, are solving cash flow problems, management/shareholder negotiations, auditing and consulting for owner-managed businesses in various industries, and dealing with cross-border issues, particularly the impact of Hong Kong and China activities on clients’ businesses.
Josh’s Far East involvement is not by coincidence. After serving six years as President, he remains on the Board of Directors of the Hong Kong-Canada Business Association, and has extensive knowledge and considerable experience in Far East activities. “It’s one aspect that differentiates both myself and the firm in an ever-shrinking world – and if you have not explored that option, depending on the industry you’re involved in, you’re likely already behind,” notes Josh, who coined the “Work hard, play hard and have fun” motto that FL Fuller Landau LLP lives by.
Academic achievements, memberships and professional designation
- Bachelor of Commerce, Concordia University, 1990
- Diploma in Accountancy, McGill University
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member, Québec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants
- Board member and Past President, Hong Kong-Canada Business Association, Montreal Section
- Board member and Past President, Hong Kong-Canada Business Association, National
- Board member and Member of Audit and Finance Committee, Jewish Eldercare Centre
- Past Chair of Governing Board, Edinburgh Elementary School